Subject: Re: CVS REPOSITORY IS BROKEN (Re: cvs checkout with tag)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/29/2002 09:29:06
On Tue, 29 Jan 2002, FUKAUMI Naoki wrote:
> I know sendmail was moved to the gnu subdirectory.
> I do NOT want to get any files in src/usr.sbin/sendmail.

OK.

> > > But I did cvs with '-D DATE' or '-r TAG' (-r HEAD, of course)
>
> result is

"-r HEAD" and "-D now" do not do what you think they should do.  Instead
of checking out the most recent version from the main line, they
sometimes follows branches.  I have never figured out the rules that
they uses to decide whether or not to follow a branch.

Instead of this: "cvs -q co -P -D now basesrc/usr.sbin/sendmail"
try this: "cvs -q co -P -A basesrc/usr.sbin.sendmail"

--apb (Alan Barrett)