Subject: Re: CVS REPOSITORY IS BROKEN (Re: cvs checkout with tag)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Geoff Wing <mason@primenet.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 01/29/2002 06:51:27
FUKAUMI Naoki <naoki@fukaumi.org> typed:
:> > But I did cvs with '-D DATE' or '-r TAG' (-r HEAD, of course)
: result is
:> > > % ls
:> > > basesrc
:> > > % ls basesrc/usr.sbin/sendmail/src
:> > > CVS                 Makefile.FreeBSD    Makefile.SCO
:> > > Makefile.DGUX       Makefile.Mach386    Makefile.SVR4
:> > > Makefile.Dynix      Makefile.RISCos     Makefile.Titan
:> > I got these files.
: Sendmail is one of the examples. Another files may be same state.

One thing to note is that each of these files were checked out with
the version which had the lock on it.  Files which didn't have locks
are properly non-existent.
Seems to be some weird (and AFAICT undocumented) interaction with
locks.  Or maybe I'm just missing something basic (since I've never
used locks with CVS).

Regards,
--
Geoff Wing : <gcw@pobox.com>