Subject: Re: Tape backup recommendations wanted
To: David Brownlee <abs@formula1.com>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: current-users
Date: 01/25/2002 23:09:07
At 10:14 Uhr +0000 25.1.2002, David Brownlee wrote:
>	Looking at replacing a DDS3 backup for a NetBSD/i386 box.
>	Want around 50GB+ per tape.
>
>	On-Stream produce 50Gb Internal/External SCSI units for 375/645 GBP.
>	Has anyone had any experience of these?
>
>	Another option could be an 8000S 40/80GB DLT, but they're a touch
>	pricy...
>
>	Does anyone have any other suggestions, oh, and a good scsi controller
>	to which they can be connected.

I can recommend the current line of Tandberg QIC drives - the SLR60 (30 GB
uncompressed) we use at work with Amanda is fast (> 4 MB/sec), quiet and
reliable. AFAIK, drives are currently available up to 50G uncompressed.

	hauke

--
/~\ The ASCII	                   "Those who are willing to sacrifice
\ / Ribbon Campaign                 essential liberties for a little order