Subject: Re: XF 4.2 and TrueType fonts
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Dokas <dokas@smtp.mn.mediaone.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/23/2002 22:15:54
On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 02:52:04PM -0600, Paul Dokas wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 23, 2002 at 01:18:23PM +0200, Martti Kuparinen wrote:
> >
> > PS. There's something else in XF 4.2.0 too, on my laptop which was (and again
> >     is) running 4.1.0 I couldn't move any windows in fvwm2 because the
> >     mouse click isn't doing anything until I release the button. And then
> >     you can't of course move anything... This doesn't happen in my
> >     desktop pc so it must be something related to the Neomagic 256AV.
>
> I had this same problem with my desktop machine + Matrox G550.  The problem
> went away as soon as I created a new XF86Config.  YMMV.
>
> Paul

I lied.  The problem appears to have nothing to do with whether I'm using
my new or old XF86Config.

The problem is that if I add:

  Option "Emulate3Buttons"

to my mouse def'n, I get the broken behavior.  Without "Emulate3Buttons"
all works fine, except, of course, that I get no button #2.

Paul
--
Paul Dokas                                            dokas@cs.umn.edu
Don Juan Matus:  "an enigma wrapped in mystery wrapped in a tortilla."