Subject: Re: mlx driver problems
To: Rumi Szabolcs <rumi_ml@rtfm.hu>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/19/2002 15:18:42
On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 11:54:16AM +0100, Rumi Szabolcs wrote:
> [...]
> i want to post the detailed information here and/or send-pr
> it but i dont know how i could log the messages from the
> console in a decent way. writing it down from the monitor and
> then typing it in is probably not the best solution, so please
> give me some tips what is the best known practice to do that.

You want a serial console for this: connect a COM port to another computer.
On the other computer use cu to connect (I assume you connected
the cable to the first serial port on both end):
cu -s 9600 -l /dev/tty00
on you machine, when you boot from floppy, hit a key while the boot loader
counts down to get a prompt, and type:
consdev com0
Now the boot prompt should appear in cu on the other computer.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>