Subject: Re: ccd and cylinder locations
To: <>
From: David Laight <david@nohope.l8s.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 01/18/2002 17:45:06
gabriel rosenkoetter wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 08:30:49AM -0800, Greywolf wrote:
> > No, you do not need to newfs the partitions separately.  You simply
> > concatenate them, write a disklabel to them and then newfs the
> > aggregate.
>
> So the answer to the question I actually asked (do I lose what's on
> the disk now) is, in fact, yes?
>
> And this also means that we don't support later adding additional
> disks to a given ccd?

I guess you can make the virtual disk larger - what you then need is
code to expand the filesystem to fill the unused space.  Many years ago
I think someone did this for UFS.  Dunno whether it is possible for the
bsd filesystem.

In principle you just have to initialise a load of extra cylinder groups
then hack the header...

	David