Subject: promise TX2 with master+slave
To: 'current-users@netbsd.org' <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?Q?Erard_S=E9bastien?= <sebastien.erard@nagra.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/15/2002 09:06:09
Hi,

I got two Promise Ultra100/TX2. I made different testing and here is a
summary:

- with one drive on each channel (i.e. 4 drives) every thing works fine.
  A can do a ccd or a raid on all of these.

- with 2 drives per channel (8 drives of 30 GB), I can access any of
  them. They seem to be probed correctly, but I get timeouts when
  accessing them. Them same hardware configuration works fine with
  Windows2000 and a stripped volume across all eight drives.

  This seems to happen whatever the drive is. The drives I used were
  from IBM. A small Seagate drive of 4.3 GB showed the same behavior.

  I only tried the primary channel, and as I don't have the drives any
  more (took them from work during the holydays) I can't do these tests
  again. But I think I can manage to have two drives.

Sorry for this late reply, but I read this list through the web archive.

Sebastien