Subject: Re: X library path, etc.
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/14/2002 18:48:02
In message <Pine.NEB.4.30.0201142041060.8263-100000@triton.invisible.ca>, "Jare
d D. McNeill" writes:
>On Mon, 14 Jan 2002, Peter Seebach wrote:
>> Meanwhile, how many such library name clashes do we actually have?  Any?
>
>We have no say on what 3rd party developers name their libraries.

True - but we can always still use -Wl,-R *if there is a problem*.  I think
this is a case where the default should be "do what the user probably wants
rather than fail".

I suppose it could be more complicated; see if you find any, and if you find
more than one, complain about the ambiguity, but otherwise, go ahead and run;
if there's only one, it's almost certainly a better result than failing.

-s