Subject: Re: lfs_cleanerd
To: Kefren <kefren@netbsd.ro>
From: Dwight Tuinstra <tuinstra@clarkson.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 01/14/2002 18:56:21
I see this occasionally as well, but it never seems to
cause a problem.  I suspect the cleaner has gotten itself
into some anomolous situation where it wakes up, does the
cleaning its supposed to do, but doesn't believe it's
really done.  Could be an implementation bug but might
be an algorithm bug --- LFSes have some interesting edge
cases.

You can try unmounting and then remounting the lfs, or
killing and restarting the two cleanerds.  Be sure to kill
both cleaner daemons (one's a worker and the other a monitor
that restarts the worker if it dies), then restart both.

  --Dwight Tuinstra
    tuinstra@clarkson.edu