Subject: IPv6 stuff
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Ken Hornstein <kenh@cmf.nrl.navy.mil>
List: current-users
Date: 01/14/2002 13:48:04
So, I've finally gotten an IPv6 setup at home (the IPv6 documentation on
the NetBSD web site was a big help!) and I have some questions/comments:

- For those of you running IPv6: are you just using stateless
  autoconfiguration for your machines?  It doesn't look like to me yet
  that DHCPv6 is done yet, so I don't think that's an option.  If you're
  using stateless autoconfiguration, are you putting those addresses
  into DNS?

- Is the standard for doing DNS to create a AAAA records for the same
  hostname, or to create a "hostname6" with the AAAA records, or does
  that really depend on what you're doing?  Also, is anybody out there
  using A6 records?

- I noticed that documentation for the new features of the route(8) command
  for V6 support was slim to nonexistant; it took me a while to figure out
  that I needed an -inet6 flag to set a default route on my v6 router.
  Does anyone care if I update that man page?  Or is someone else planning
  on doing that?

BTW, it seems to work pretty flawlessly in my extremely limited testing;
kudos to the KAME guys and everyone else who did the hard work!

--Ken