Subject: Re: probleme bulding current
To: Xavier HUMBERT <xavier@xavhome.fr.eu.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: current-users
Date: 01/11/2002 11:28:50
--fUYQa+Pmc3FrFX/N

On Fri, Jan 11, 2002 at 04:37:52PM +0100, Xavier HUMBERT wrote:
> From an user point of view, it is.

Presuming that user actually wants to run -current on the build
system. I didn't, and this hangup made it impossible to use that
machine to build -current (actually, just a kernel) for a separate
(slower) machine.

> Much better, I agree. But as an immediate workaround bootstrapping
> includes is a solution to compile the userland right now.

I didn't really even want to do that, and I certainly didn't want
the newer includes installed on my older system.

I never meant to be disgracing anybody. I'm well aware that things
break regularly and that the correct answer is to fix them. What I
like about NetBSD is that, more often than not, they're fixed the
right way in a fairly short period of time (which is true here). But
only if someone says something when they break. :^>

--=20
gabriel rosenkoetter
gr@eclipsed.net

--fUYQa+Pmc3FrFX/N