Subject: Re: Unpriveleged builds of current
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: current-users
Date: 01/11/2002 11:01:19
After zic failed (trying to do a recursive chmod) I discovered
the (probably undocumented) UNPRIVED flag.  Setting this causes
the build to complete.

All the file modes (etc) are listed in a file obj/METALOG.

The question is, what do I run to apply these permissions?
Clearly they must be applied to a copy of the directory tree, otherwise
and uodate build is impossible.

Since the target systems root filestore is accessible from the build
system, could I overlay mount DESTDIR onto target/root - thus having
only one copy of the build objects?
(In my case the target and host are the same system, but the target
might be network loaded or have its local filestore accessable via
NFS).

        David