Subject: Re: 'build.sh -t' fails
To: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/10/2002 11:01:05
On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Greywolf wrote:

: # On Thu, 10 Jan 2002, Greywolf wrote:
: #
: # : Greetings.  Working with a current source tree freshly cvs updated.
: #
: # `Please post the contents of your mk.conf, and the command you are using to
: # build, if you are having a build problem.'
:
: Certainly.  I am NOT setting all that stuff; it's coming from the
: bsd.*.mk files.   I'm only setting -O3 -pipe.

`Please post the contents of your mk.conf, and the command you are using to
build, if you are having a build problem.'

Obviously *something* is setting it, and thus I need to know *precisely* how
you're building.

: Then I would posit that, unless you have specified otherwise, the tools
: system will never be better than half-baked.

-Wall -Werror assumes a lot about the build scheme in use (and
-Wstrict-prototypes even more so).  The GNU tools are not likely to pass all
these checks on all host platforms anytime soon, as the GNU maintainers
don't watch the gcc messages as closely as we do.  Hence, the GNU tools
aren't built with WARNS set.

As to mkdep, as I said, I'll be fixing that in just a moment.

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support -- http://www.wasabisystems.com/