Subject: Re: Using obsolete.* files _outside of_ sysinst?
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: current-users
Date: 01/08/2002 16:42:09
On Tue, 8 Jan 2002, Jaromir Dolecek wrote:
> There shouldn't be any files which are replaced with new files.
> The obsolete* lists should only include files which no longer exist.
> Can you provide an example of such incorrect entries?

There's base/obsolete.alpha, which has
/usr/include/alpha
/usr/include/machine

at the top. As far as I know, both are supposed to exist (certainly a
lot of #include files look for <machine/whatever.h>). Perhaps that has
something to do with machine now being a symlink to alpha, instead of
the other way around?
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 26 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++