Subject: Re: Hrm. When'd wi(4) break?
To: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
From: Erik Reid <reide@canuck.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/07/2002 19:47:19
Quoth Herb Peyerl:
>gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>  wrote:
> > Been considering a Linksys for the apartment's loaner laptop. How do
> > you like it? They're pretty cheap...
>
>They pretty much suck in every way except price.

I've got some D-Link cards, they're fairly reliable, non amazing range, and
they error in an odd manner when they don't have link (a couple of kernel
messages that I don't have handy at the moment..), I'm not sure what it's
supposed to look like.  They use the wi(4) driver.

The friend that I got them from ordered a large batch(50+) and has had one
or two die in the ~6 months that he's had them, so not too rough.  One death
was a bad firmware update, as I recall.

Good enough for an around-the-house card, anyways.