Subject: Re: pthreads problem
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
From: Adam Lebsack <lebsack@mac.com>
List: current-users
Date: 01/07/2002 14:53:12
On Monday, January 7, 2002, at 02:14 PM, Perry E. Metzger wrote:

> Adam Lebsack <lebsack@mac.com> writes:
>> Well, I removed the mit-pthreads distfile and tried again.  No go.
>
> Use something other than mit-pthreads. It isn't very good. There are
> other threads packages in pkgsrc.

Well, that's not a very productive way of looking at it, "it's broken,
so let's not fix it and use something else."  :)

Also, mysql-server has mit-pthreads grafted into it, so unless I were to
hack up the mysql-server build to use something else, mit-threads should
be fixed, and I am just wondering if anybody has any insight on the
problem.

Adam Lebsack
lebsack@mac.com