Subject: How to install a current tree
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Julio Merino <juli@merino.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/28/2001 20:45:50
--+nBD6E3TurpgldQp

Hi all

I was used to the way to install the tree on NetBSD 1.5... But with the
new toolchain it has changed, to a better thing :)

Well, I've done this to build the world:
/usr/src# ./build.sh -d DESTDIR=3D/usr/NetBSD-new-build

because build.sh won't work with DESTDIR unset. Now I have the whole
new thing in /usr/NetBSD-new-build. I've gone and copied by hand the
contents of /bin, /sbin and /usr to their respective places with
cp -pr... but I think this is not the way to go.

So, which is the correct method of updating the system?
/etc should still be updated by hand, right? Is it there something like
FreeBSD's mergemaster?

Thanks!
PD: I think I'm asking too much things today... lol

--=20
La ignorancia es la felicidad.

Julio Merino (Slink) <juli@merino.net>

--+nBD6E3TurpgldQp