Subject: Re: new toolchain build errors: dependall eval'ed as depend?
To: Tom Spindler <dogcow@babymeat.com>
From: Perry E. Metzger <perry@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/27/2001 17:37:53
Tom Spindler <dogcow@babymeat.com> writes:
> I've been attempting to use the new toolchain and tools/ stuff, but
> with very little success - the builds inevitably fail at the install
> phase. What I'm pretty sure is happening is that the 'make dependall'
> bits are only getting evaluated as 'make depend'. When I manually
> 'make dependall' in the appropriate dir, things get built normally.
>
> Has anybody else seen this behavior? I don't have anything terribly
> odd in my $PATH, nor is my /etc/mk.conf exciting and strange.

I did two builds today with the new toolchain, neither had any trouble
at all.

0) You say "nothing is exciting in your mk.conf" but of course if you
   knew what "exciting" might mean you'd have the problem solved. You
   probably want to post it anyway.
1) Is your tree totally up to date? Turnover on the new toolchain code
   was very rapid until the last week.
2) Is your make up to date?
3) Are your .mk files up to date?
These last two are not important if you you used build.sh with the
bootstrap option.
4) How exactly is the install failing?

Perry
--