Subject: Re: cntlaltdel on console
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Takahiro Kambe <taca@sky.yamashina.kyoto.jp>
List: current-users
Date: 12/25/2001 11:12:38
Hi.

Peter, please don't set Reply-To if you want to really reply to
yourself only.

In message <200112241620.fBOGKlB18382@guild.plethora.net>
	on Mon, 24 Dec 2001 10:20:47 -0600,
	seebs@plethora.net (Peter Seebach) wrote:
> In message <87heqgodhj.fsf@snark.piermont.com>, "Perry E. Metzger" writes:
> >There was a pcvt option to do something like that, but it died with
> >pcvt when we switched to wscons.
>
> That would fit my vague memory - I seem to recall it being around the time
> of wscons that I started getting squiggles when I tried to reboot a hung
> system.
Once I post simple patch to enable *halt* with ctl-alt-del function.

	http://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2001/07/16/0000.html

But i remeber that that patch has problem on compiling kernel without
CONSOLE_HALT option.

In message <200112240825.fBO8PvB16776@guild.plethora.net>
	on Mon, 24 Dec 2001 02:25:57 -0600,
	seebs@plethora.net (Peter Seebach) wrote:
> Heh.  I like BSD/OS's behavior:
> 1.  Print "console abort: reboot? (y/n)" to console.  (It does this for serial
> break, if you have a serial console, or ctl-alt-del, on hardware console)
What if there is X server running?  Do you with that kernel itself
switch to text console like Solaris on SPARC?

--
Takahiro Kambe <taca@sky.yamashina.kyoto.jp>