Subject: Re: cntlaltdel on console
To: Peter Seebach <seebs@plethora.net>
From: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/24/2001 11:02:21
Peter Seebach wrote:

> In message <20011223222329.A16818@flash.vaultron.com>, Andrew Gillham writes:
> >I don't think so.  It seems to me that the last time you mentioned this it
> >was confirmed that NetBSD _never_ had this option.  So it would be hard to
> >change the default.
>
> I suppose.  Still, it shouldn't be too hard to provide; the code is about 5
> lines in BSD/OS.

It would be easy to add.  Go ahead and do it. :-)  (To your copy of NetBSD,
I mean.  I don't want it.)

> Was it really *never* present?  If so, my memory is getting worse faster than
> I expected.

It was present in 386BSD, I can't remember if it diappeared before or after the
name NetBSD appeared.  I missed it for a few weeks when it disappeared, but
now I don't even think about it.

    -- Lennart