Subject: File system exerciser
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Geoff Adams <gadams@avernus.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/14/2001 18:49:12
I've just been reading about the successes of some folks in the FreeBSD
project finding and fixing bugs in their NFS and softupdates code using
a stress tester called fsx. Has anyone tried this tool or something like
it against NetBSD?

I'm a little scared, since I figure I'll end up crashing my machines,
but I figure I'm going to have to do it. :)

For all the details, take a look at this thread:

    <http://kerneltrap.org/article.php?sid=415>

The fsx source can be had at <http://kerneltrap.org/sup/415/fsx.txt>.
It does compile without modification on NetBSD.

(OK. I just compiled it and ran it. On several different kinds of file
systems -- ffs, mfs, and nfs -- on both 1.5X and 1.5Y, I get the same
exact error on the second operation. I don't know if this is a bug in
fsx or NetBSD. I'll have to look into this.)

- Geoff