Subject: Re: sysinst fails
To: David Burren <david@burren.cx>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/12/2001 12:39:00
On Thu, 13 Dec 2001, David Burren wrote:

> At least when it failed it dropped out to a shell, so I was able
> to bring the network up and do the install by hand.  Even though
> it had complained about / being full, by the time it got to the
> shell none of the filesystems was anywhere full - definitely a
> transient problem as sysinst was starting.

Hmmm.  In my case, sysinst tried to drop core, and had left a
partial core file in /.  When I removed it, the / was still 94%
full according to df.  And restarting sysinst did not work.

But like I said, using a 1.5.1 sysinst was successful.

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Network Engineer | BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com   |
|  & World Cruiser | 91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 | pgoyette@juniper.net |