Subject: Uh, need help programming: what causes this kdc error?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 12/11/2001 20:34:16
I'm working on getting Zephyr running with Kerberos on NetBSD 1.5.2
(on an Alpha, if it matters).

I had to beat up the Zephyr package a bit to get it to compile. I'll
submit patches when I get this thing running.  (That's my attempt
at being somewhat on topic. Sorry if it's too much of a stretch!)

The problem I'm having is that when I run a kerberos-enabled zwgc
talking to a kerberized zhm (and zephyrd) I get this error in my
kdc.log file:

2001-12-11T20:20:37 Ticket-granting ticket not found in database: krbtgt.INT.NEUTRALGOOD.ORG@: No such entry in the database

I get two of these errors, once when zwgc announces it's location, and
another when it tries to subscribe to anything. Nothing comes across.
I turned on debugging of libkrb (there's a call for that) and this
is what I get:

Realm: INT.NEUTRALGOOD.ORG
Realm: INT.NEUTRALGOOD.ORG
serv=krbtgt.INT.NEUTRALGOOD.ORG@INT.NEUTRALGOOD.ORG princ=kpn.@INT.NEUTRALGOOD.ORG
Machine time: Tue Dec 11 20:28:30 2001
Correcting to Tue Dec 11 20:28:30 2001
Authent->length = 137
lrealm is INT.NEUTRALGOOD.ORG
Getting host entry for kerberos.int.neutralgood.org...Got it.
connecting to kerberos.int.neutralgood.org (192.168.192.7) udp, port 750
sending 156 bytes to kerberos.int.neutralgood.org (192.168.192.7), udp port 750
recieved 118 bytes on udp/tcp socket

The serv= and princ= items look a bit fishy but I don't know what caused
it.

I'm in the middle of recompiling libc so I can recompile libkrb so I
can add debugging statements. It takes a while on an LCA box. Any
suggestions? I'd much appreciate it.

(While I'm here: has anyone tried the krb5-xdm from the Kerberos 5 AFS
Migration kit?)

"Nonbelievers found it difficult to defend their position in \
    the presense of a working computer." -- a DEC Jensen paper