Subject: Re: PPPoE doesn't auto-add interface route
To: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
From: Rick Byers <rb-netbsd@BigScaryChildren.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/11/2001 13:06:14
I think "defaultroute" does something completely different.  It adds a
default route over the ppp interface.   With the in-kernel pppoe, adding
that route is up to the user - as it should be (just like for LAN
interfaces).

I'm talking about the loopback route so that, i.e., if you ping the IP of
the pppoe0 interface it doesn't actually go out the PPPoE
connection.

Thanks anyway though,
	Rick