Subject: Re: PPPoE doesn't auto-add interface route
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Richard Rauch <rauch@rice.edu>
List: current-users
Date: 12/10/2001 18:59:51
FWIW:

mouse-pppoe (from pkgsrc) uses (or lets the kernel pppd use)
/etc/ppp/options to configure the PPP link.

One of the pppd options is ``defaultroute''.

``defaultroute'' works with dialup PPP (last I used it, under 1.5), but
the option appears to be ignored by pppd when used by mouse-pppoe (at
least for me, under 1.5.2).  I assume that this would satisfy Rick, though
neither of you has mentioned the pppd defaultroute option.

I haven't really had time to play with this much.  I just add the route
manually when I bring up the PPPoE link, for now.