Subject: Re: using WEP and the wi(4) driver, any experience?
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: current-users
Date: 12/10/2001 07:41:05
Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>  wrote:
 > I'm not sure about Linksys, but my D-Link card can't do WEP in
 > hardware.  It claims it can, but if you look closely at the driver that
 > D-Link has for Linux you can see that it does encryption in software.

Hell, I can't even get my linksys cards to talk to my lucent card.
WEP or no.

I have 2 linksys cards that are just fine talking to one another and
I used one of them at Usenix where it worked fine talking to the
infrastructure.. But I have an orinoco gold and I can't get it to
speak to either of my linksys cards. I'm quite sure the configuration is
correct.  If I tcpdump, I can see packets sent by the linksys
and I can see my orinoco respond, but the linksys doesn't appear
to receive the packets as sent by the orinoco...

I've got the latest firmware on the orinoco.

Anyone have any ideas?