Subject: HEADS UP: kernel mi machinery all done
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Brown <atatat@atatdot.net>
List: current-users
Date: 12/09/2001 00:52:38
i have rolled the rest of the ports over to the new (well...not quite
so new now) my kernel build machinery.  this includes any and all
ports *not* in the following list: i386, vax, alpha, sparc, arm26,
sun2, and x68k.

what this means is that everyone should make sure their config(8) is
up to date (you should do this anyway) and probably rerun config for
any current kernels you've been building lately.

i don't anticipate any problems with this, due to all the testing that
i (and others) did, but if you find anything, please let me know.

for those who haven't been following this, or looking at what i've
been doing, kernel makefiles are now mostly assignments to make
variables that get digested by sys/conf/Makefile.kern.inc which
provides the glue that makes it into a kernel.  this is in support of
two "features": (1) all the redundant stuff is now gone from kernel
makefiles, meaning that development drift of one kernel makefile
(instead of over all) is no longer that much of a problem, and (2) new
"features" for kernels and kernel builds can now be added (or modified
or removed) much more easily.

--
|-----< "CODE WARRIOR" >-----|