Subject: Heads Up: ISDN and PPPoE changes
To: None <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: current-users
Date: 12/08/2001 20:49:00
I just commited some changes to the way IPv4 control protocol negotiation
is handled for in-kernel PPP interfaces.

This mainly affects ISDN users (isp interfaces) and PPPoE users (pppoe
interfaces). Due to the brain dead way the ioctls for this devices do
currently work, you now need to recompile the userland programs controlling
this devices.

I promise you will only need to do this one time again in the near future:
when I will have replaced these ioctls (scheduled within the next week).

What you need to do minimaly:

 - Update your source
 - cd /usr/src/sys/net && make includes
 - cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/ispppcontrol && make && make install
 - cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/isdnd && make && make install

If you are not using ISDN, the last step is not needed.

If this change should cause any trouble, please contact me and/or file
a PR.

Martin