Subject: Re: Support for linux syscall fcntl64
To: Alistair Crooks <agc@pkgsrc.org>
From: Tero Kivinen <kivinen@ssh.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 12/05/2001 01:30:07
Alistair Crooks writes:
> The problem isn't that fcntl64 is unimplemented - the problem is
> that the version being returned by uname is interpreted as being
> "too old".  This is probably code that is executed because the
> fcntl64 call fails, yes, but it's not the real cause of the problem.

True.

> I had this problem on 1.5, and I know it was changed fairly early
> on - if the uname syscall is running in emulation, it now returns
> a more accurate Linux version number to reflect the kernel that's
> being emulated, rather than the NetBSD version number (1.5?), which
> the binary thinks is too old.

I am running netbsd current updated from cvs tree Dec 2 15:30:55
2001. I think that should be new enough. Linux emulation uname seems
to return:

Linux haste.acr.fi 2.0.38 #0 Sun Apr 1 11:11:11 MET 2000 i386 unknown

I have to try what happens if I update the linux_release inside the
sys/compat/linux/common/linux_misc.c. Any suggestion what would be
suitable value.... "2.4.16"?

Perhaps it should be able to modify it using sysctl?
--
kivinen@ssh.fi
SSH Communications Security                  http://www.ssh.fi/