Subject: sparc64 snapshot build problems
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Lloyd Parkes <lloyd@must-have-coffee.gen.nz>
List: current-users
Date: 11/23/2001 10:03:21
Problem 1)
With the sparc64 current as of yesterday (and earlier), I get the
following error from build.sh.

	Run "make -f ramdiskbin.mk objs exe" to build crunched binary.
	cc1: warnings being treated as errors
	In file included from /u/lloyd/destdir/usr/include/rpc/rpc.h:48,
			 from
	/usr/src/distrib/sparc64/xminiroot/../../utils/libhack/yplib.c:69:
	/u/lloyd/destdir/usr/include/rpc/xdr.h:136: warning: function declaration isn't a prototype
	*** Error code 1

I checked, and the error message is quite correct. The declaration isn't
a prototype. The comments indicate that it can't be a prototype.

I have no idea what the right way is to make this error go away.

Problem 2)
I was going to complain that the packing lists for the install sets seem
to be up the duff, but a proper cvs update has fixed that.

Cheers,
Lloyd