Subject: Re: USB 2.0 for the brave
To: None <tls@rek.tjls.com>
From: Rick Kelly <rmk@toad.rmkhome.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/22/2001 02:07:41
Thor Lancelot Simon said:

>Since the only real support required -- unless I misunderstand -- is a
>driver for a new type of host adapter, this doesn't seem like much of an
>obstacle.

Third part developers will have to get Microsoft to certify their drivers
under the new Windows XP certification process.

>When I was with Sony, we had working Firewire devices including a
>SCSI-over-FW data minidisc drive on display at the *1995* Fall Comdex.

I would just like firewire and/or USB storage devices for NetBSD. And I
don't mean zip drives are 120meg floppies.

It would be interesting to cluster machines together over firewire or
USB 2.0 using their full bandwidth.

--
Rick Kelly  rmk@rmkhome.com  www.rmkhome.com