Subject: Re: How to add a locale
To: Christopher W. Richardson <cwr@nexthop.com>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: current-users
Date: 11/20/2001 23:20:16
Christopher W. Richardson wrote:
> Instead, I'm contemplating the Russification of NetBSD. Without
> having looked into this at much depth, I'm guessing that I need

Cool!

> 	1) modify wsksymdef.h and wskbdmap_mfii.c to add a
>            Cyrillic layout

The right way of doing this is to make a userland keymap, putting
only the most necessary bits into kernel.  There is potentially
huge number of different keymaps, and I would like to avoid adding
such stuff to kernel.
(Yes, the current keymaps should be moved from kernel to
userland keymaps too).
See the already existing keymaps in /usr/share/wscons/keymaps/
There is even one for ru.koi8-r.

--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org> http://www.NetBSD.org/Ports/i386/ps2.html
-=  Those who would give up liberty for a little temporary safety deserve  =-