Subject: RFC: mergemaster
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Martti Kuparinen <martti.kuparinen@iki.fi>
List: current-users
Date: 11/15/2001 15:36:52
I was finally able to upload my "etcupdate" script and the corresponding
manual page. Check out the following links:

http://www.piuha.net/~martti/tmp/etcupdate
http://www.piuha.net/~martti/tmp/etcupdate.8

Comments and improvements are welcome! Like I said earlier, I have been
able to update my 1.5.2 configuration files to 1.5.3 without any problems.

I'm not saying this is perfect but IMO we need to have something like this
in NetBSD. Doing things manually is not nice if you have several hosts...

Now I need help, please select at least one option:
1) This sucks, forget the whole thing
2) Improve it before re-submitting it for review
3) Add it to pkgsrc/sysutils so that it won't bloat the base system
4) Add it to src/usr.sbin so that it's available in the base system

Martti