Subject: Re: WARNING
To: Lennart Augustsson <lennart@augustsson.net>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/13/2001 09:08:32
--DocE+STaALJfprDB

On Tue, Nov 13, 2001 at 02:33:14PM +0100, Lennart Augustsson wrote:
> If you're one of those (like me) that does a `cvs update' and
> `make build' daily, then DON'T DO IT TODAY.
> The build system is broken and cannot generate code for the
> assembly stubs for the systems calls, so if you rebuild
> libc it will be broken.
> I hope whoever broke it will fix it again soon.  Look at
> PR 14573 if you want details.

I can confirm this.

(I actually cvs updated in order to see this problem happen. Not
that I didn't believe you, Lennart, but I clearly need another
source of procrastination. ;^>)

The non-pkg part of my own /etc/mk.conf:

DESTDIR=3D/build
RELEASEDIR=3D/release/`date +%Y%m%d`
TOOLDIR=3D/usr/obj/tools
MKTOOLS=3Dalways
USETOOLS=3Dyes
USE_NEW_TOOLCHAIN=3Dyes
MKOBJ=3Dyes
MKOBJDIRS=3Dyes
OBJMACHINE=3Dyes

I call build.sh as:

=2E/build.sh -r -D /build -R /release/20011113 -T /usr/obj/tools

I've got a make (figuring that 1.5Y from 20011101 is probably close
enough to get by, though I probably should have used the wrapper
script) running in /usr/src/gnu/usr.bin/gcc right now. If that gives
me a cpp, I'll try to figure out why the standard build process
didn't.

--=20
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net

--DocE+STaALJfprDB