Subject: IPv6 problems (from Re: Heads Up: www.netbsd.org via IPv6 )
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: James Sharp <jsharp@psychoses.org>
List: current-users
Date: 11/07/2001 17:09:20
On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, Dave Huang wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Nov 2001, Hubert Feyrer wrote:
> > FYI, it seems we're the first (and only) BSD project that offer both IPv4
> > and IPv6 connectivity to it's main web server, www.netbsd.org. To
> > emphasize this, there is now an icon "IPv6 enabled!" on the front page.

I've got an IPv6 connection established via freenet6.net & I can ping6
www.netbsd.org properly...but...when I start up rtadvd to advertise routes
and configuration to my other machines, I get the following message in
/var/log/messages and none of the other machines can get their
configuration properly.

Nov 7 17:04:19 paddedcell rtadvd[17779]: <make_packet> link-layer address
option has null length on fpa0. Treat as not included.

fpa0 is a DEFPA FDDI card and the box is running NetBSD 1.5.

This is all gotten by running rtadvd by hand with the command line of
"rtadvd -D fpa0"