Subject: how to compile lint? (user-land compilation problem)
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Kazushi (Jam) Marukawa <jam@pobox.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/04/2001 22:13:36
Hi,

Today, I checked out sources.  Regarding to  UPDATING and
BUILDING, I set several configuration in mk.conf like below
and went to usr.bin/xlint to compile lint first.

 UVM=yes
 PMAP_NEW=yes
 USE_EGCS=yes
 MKOBJDIRS=yes
 LOCALTIME=CST
 MKTOOLS=yes
 USETOOLS=yes
 TOOLDIR=/usr/src/tmp/tools

Then, I typed make in xlint directory and got a following
error.

 all ===> lint1
 all ===> lint2
 all ===> xlint
 all ===> llib
 CC="/usr/src/tmp/tools/bin/i386--netbsdelf-gcc" /usr/src/tmp/tools/bin/lint -chapbxzF -d /usr/include -Cposix /mnt/src/usr.bin/xlint/llib/llib-lposix
 /usr/src/tmp/tools/bin/lint: not found

My tools directory contains "i386--netbsdelf-lint" instead
of just a "lint".  I'm not sure what is the correct way to
fix this.  Should we change the definition of LINT in
share/mk/bsd.own.mk?  Or should we change the name of binary
to lint?  Please correct it somehow.  Thanks.

Regards,
-- Kazushi