Subject: Re: vi broken currently?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: gabriel rosenkoetter <gr@eclipsed.net>
List: current-users
Date: 11/03/2001 12:49:30
--S1BNGpv0yoYahz37

[Stripping port-i386 out of this conversation, since this doesn't
seem to be machine dependant.]

On Sat, Nov 03, 2001 at 04:12:20PM +0100, Feico Dillema wrote:
> Just drop by the office. sshd shows no sign of trouble here. started
> sshd -d -d -d, and did a ssh localhost. That went just fine.

Hrm. So we're not doing Nigel any favors. Sorry, Nigel. :^>

> I haven't noticed any other problems. Except for the bad free
> messages, also vi seems to work ok. But I haven't done any heavy usage
> testing...

Yeah, I've been a little wary of editing anything important, but vi
has yet to corrupt the few files (including /usr/src/blah and
/etc/mk.conf, whoops, maybe I should have used ed ;^>) I've edited.

I'm rebuilding vi with CFLAGS+=3D-g in my /etc/mk.conf right now.
We'll see what turns up.

(If this gets ugly enough, I'll turn to electric fence. But I'm
hoping gdb will be sufficient.)

--=20
       ~ g r @ eclipsed.net

--S1BNGpv0yoYahz37