Subject: pkgsrc problems
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Saunders <method@method.cx>
List: current-users
Date: 11/02/2001 15:43:57
I pulled down pkgsrc via CVS this morning and tried to build
xmms.  However, when I do this, I get this error:

checking for GTK - version >= 1.2.2... no
*** Could not run GTK test program, checking why...
*** The test program failed to compile or link. See the file config.log
for the
*** exact error that occured. This usually means GTK was incorrectly
installed
*** or that you have moved GTK since it was installed. In the latter case,
you
*** may want to edit the gtk-config
script: /usr/pkgsrc/audio/xmms/work/.buildlink/bin/gtk-config
configure: error: *** GTK+ >= 1.2.2 not installed - please install first
***
*** Error code 1

	The current version of GTK+ in pkgsrc is only 1.2.10.  I realize I
could build GTK+ from source and not via pkgsrc, but I'd prefer not
to.  Is there a reason that xmms has a dependency that pkgsrc can't
fulfill?  It may be my lack of familiarity with pkgsrc that's confusing
me.  I thought that if something was in pkgsrc, it's dependencies could be
met via other pkgsrc packages.

TIA for any input,
-Mike Saunders