Subject: Re: Floating exceptions in NEW_TOOLCHAIN i386 binaries
To: Jeff Thieleke <thieleke@yahoo.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/02/2001 11:18:24
On Thu, 1 Nov 2001, Jeff Thieleke wrote:

: No, I was just using /usr/obj/bin/ls/ls as an example of what happens
: with many binaries built and installed when using NEW_TOOLCHAIN.

...which is statically linked, so it shouldn't be affected by changes to
dynamic libraries.

Would you mind posting your 'dmesg'?  Mainly, I'm interested to know what
your specific CPU type is; it's possible that gcc may be generating an
instruction or two that aren't properly supported on your CPU(?).

(Note:  I've tested this on a Celery 400, and "ls -l" from the new build is
working fine.  Hrmpf.)

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support -- http://www.wasabisystems.com/