Subject: Another build.sh failure
To: #List NetBSD current users <current-users@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: current-users
Date: 11/02/2001 05:24:26
Re-updated everything last evening (around 1900 PST), and reran

	/usr/src/build.sh -D~/newroot -j1

(the -j1 is to override a setting of NBUILDJOBS=3 in /etc/mk.conf).

It got through building the tools, cleandir, and includes, and then
failed in lib/csu (I think) with the following:

install ===> i386_elf
/usr/src/~/newroot/usr/lib/crtbeginS.o ->
/usr/src/~/newroot/usr/lib/crtbegin.o
ln: /usr/src/~/newroot/usr/lib/crtbegin.o: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop.

If I run it with an empty string for DESTDIR, it works just fine, I
guess because it finds my installed copy of crtbegin.o in /usr/lib/.

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Network Engineer | BCD7 5301 9513 58A6 0DBC |  paul@whooppee.com   |
|  & World Cruiser | 91EB ADB1 A280 3B79 9221 | pgoyette@juniper.net |