Subject: Re: IPv4 Problems with Mozilla
To: Ian Fry <Ian.Fry@sophos.com>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: current-users
Date: 10/31/2001 22:28:02
> > I was hoping to switch to galeon. Unfortunately it doesn't compile on
> > -current due to some pedantic complaint about NULL from g++.
> > (BaseHelpProtocolHandler.cpp:127: ANSI C++ forbids implicit conversion
> > from `void *' in assignment)

This is a broken glib.h header (in my case:
/usr/pkg/include/glib/glib-1.2/glib.h), where NULL gets defined completely
bogus (depending on order of includes and #ifdef's happening).

There was a PR about this and Matthias Scheeler fixed devel/glib.

So the political correct answer now is: goto pkgsrc/devel/glib and do
a "make update" there.

In fact, editing the glib.h file, removing the #define of NULL and instead
including <sys/null.h> wil do too.

Martin