Subject: problems with Pentium 4?
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Mike Saunders <method@method.cx>
List: current-users
Date: 10/31/2001 12:30:40
Hello!
	I've have a new Pentium 4 system with a Tyan Trinity S2090
mainboard that I'm trying to compile a new kernel on.  When I try to do
this the kernel builds just fine, but when I try to boot the system ends
up rebooting at some point.  This last time it did something a little
different so I thought I'd post it here:

Right after I see this on the console:
root on wd2a dumps on wd2b
root file system type: ffs

I see this:
uvm_fault(0xd36dc178, 0x0,0,1) -> e
kernel: page fault trap, code=0
Stopped in pid 18 (sh) at		0: invalid address
db>

Normally the system just reboots at this point.  this time it decided to
stop.

	Some background info on this machine.  The drives came out of a
Celeron system that had just been upgraded to netbsd-current.  The new
hardware came in, I put the drives in the new system and booted a generic
kernel with no problem.  When I try to boot with my custom kernel however,
the system won't boot.   Any ideas as to what might be causing this?  I
can attach my kernel configs if you'd like.

Thanks!

-Mike Saunders
method@method.cx