Subject: Re: problem in etc/Makefile ?
To: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
From: Ian Fry <Ian.Fry@sophos.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/31/2001 15:48:25
On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 10:25:58AM -0500, Todd Vierling wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Oct 2001, George Coulouris wrote:
> : install  -l s -o root -g wheel -m 755  usr/src/sys /usr/destdir/sys
> : install: usr/src/sys: No such file or directory
> Looks like you're either on an old toolchain platform, or you have
> USETOOLS=no set.  In this case, you need to read UPDATING; /usr/bin/install
> needs to be updated.
>
> (New toolchain platforms would use $TOOLDIR/bin/binstall here, which would
> be updated automatically to include the new functionality.)

I don't think so. I've seen this too (I got around it by manually removing
the /sys symlink before doing a build), even after a new binstall got built.
I saw the item in UPDATING about the change in to install, but it didn't
help me. I last did a 'make build' on Monday, and had this problem, I haven't
tried again since, though.

Ian.