Subject: querie
To: None <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Murray C Dimes <dimes@bizzpro.com.au>
List: current-users
Date: 10/31/2001 07:45:54
Hey there people

I recently purchased a copy of NetBSD 1.5.2 4 CD set to check it out . I
looked at the three option and felt that this was probably the best option. I
think I may have been wrong.... I couldnt get anything to run...well I got a
really raw looking xserver with an xterm and no mouse and couldnt do anything

Is FreeBSD the easier more "gui" version for the newbie to look at? just to
get familiar with how it all works before NetBSD? or is there a setup option
that boots GDM or the similar to make it a little easier to have a look
around... It says it comes with Gnome and KDE.

Im used to Libranet Linux (Debian) and heaven forbid 98 :)

thanks
Murray