Subject: Re: Does anyone use pserver? (was: Re: help upgrading from 1.5.1_BETA2)
To: Christopher W. Richardson <cwr@nexthop.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: current-users
Date: 10/30/2001 21:18:02
On 30 Oct 2001, Christopher W. Richardson wrote:

> Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net> writes:

> > What happens if you try one of the other options I'd already
> > suggested? E.g:
> >
> > 	cvs co -P src
> > 	mv src src-1-5
> > 	cd src-1-5
> > 	cvs update -Pd -rnetbsd-1-5-PATCH002
> >
> > Although it certainly would be quicker to download a tarball (the last
> > step would be the same.)
>
> Your method works fine (as it did to fix my original problem),
> but it still seems curious (and annoyingly wrong) that I can't do
> a checkout with a tag. Also, is your last comment accurate
> (specifically, do the tarballs contain the CVS directories
> necessary to do an update)?

Yes.

You can check out individual modules (basesrc, gnusrc, sharesrc,
syssrc) to a tag and with "-d", by the way. The "magic" is where
"basesrc" goes to "src", "gnusrc" goes to "src/gnu", "syssrc" goes to
both "src/sys" and "src/usr.sbin/config", and so on, and that's what
evidently gets confused by your using a tag and "-d".

Frederick