Subject: Re: Embedded NetBSD on M$ Windows?
To: Alan Barrett <apb@cequrux.com>
From: Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/30/2001 12:31:35
On Tue, 30 Oct 2001, Alan Barrett wrote:

: > It was far easier to rename the ~15 files that were offending.  It's already
: > done, and there's very little overhead for future maintenance.
:
: It's still impossible to checkout a source tree from CVS under
: Cygwin, because cvs wants to create subdirectories called "aux" under
: dist/am-utils and usr.sbin.sendmail.  Even with the "-P" option, cvs
: wants to create and then delete the directory, which is arguably a bug
: in cvs.

Known.  <sigh>

It's actually *possible* to nuke the directory in the repository (since the
files have always been useless), but that would hose anyone who checked out
a tree with -d but not -P at first, and then used -P later.  So, our policy
is not to nuke directories.

For the moment, grabbing the anoncvs tarballs and extracting, then adding an
empty file `Entries.Static' in src/dist/am-utils/CVS should supposedly work
around it.  I haven't tried this yet.  (It should be possible to extend this
to use multiple specific cvs co's, followed by adding the file and cvs
update -dP.)

--
-- Todd Vierling <tv@wasabisystems.com>  *  Wasabi & NetBSD:  Run with it.
-- CDs, Integration, Embedding, Support -- http://www.wasabisystems.com/