Subject: Re: IPv4 Problems with Mozilla
To: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus20011024T084322@wsrcc.com>
From: Ian Fry <Ian.Fry@sophos.com>
List: current-users
Date: 10/29/2001 16:17:47
On Wed, Oct 24, 2001 at 09:06:02AM -0700, Wolfgang Rupprecht wrote:
> I was hoping to switch to galeon. Unfortunately it doesn't compile on
> -current due to some pedantic complaint about NULL from g++.
> (BaseHelpProtocolHandler.cpp:127: ANSI C++ forbids implicit conversion
> from `void *' in assignment)

Yes, I've seen this too. I'm assuming it's due to the new toolchain on -i386.

I've also got a problem with fetchmail. It compiles fine, but if you use the
uidl parameter in your config to prevent messages being fetched more than
once, fetchmail crashes and dumps core after reading from .fetchids (found by
ktrace-ing fetchmail). If the .fetchids file is not present, fetchmail will
fetch messages from the remote mailbox. I think this may be a problem with 64
bit arithmetic - I seem to remember seeing something about -O2 breaking 64
bit arithmetic with gcc 2.95.3 somewhere recently.

Ian.