Subject: RE: playing around with toolchain
To: Ciarcinski, Adam \(ISS Brussels\) <ACiarcinski@iss.net>
From: Markus W Kilbinger <kilbi@rad.rwth-aachen.de>
List: current-users
Date: 10/29/2001 13:55:43

    iarcinski> I just wonder who's about the new toolchain on Sparc
    iarcinski> machines. I've tried to build the system with the new
    iarcinski> toolchain, but have found problems with shared
    iarcinski> libraries and/or ld_elf.so. Altought, everything was
    iarcinski> fine when I did static linking. Thanks for the info. :)

That was (== fixed now) a sparc32 related bug in binutils 2.11.2.

A complete USE_NEW_TOOLCHAIN=yes build of NetBSD/sparc worked fine for
me yesterday.

Markus.