Subject: Re: Embedded NetBSD? [was Re: CVS commit: basesrc]
To: John Nemeth <jnemeth@victoria.tc.ca>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/28/2001 00:01:55
On Sat, 27 Oct 2001, John Nemeth wrote:
>      Well at least the filesystem isn't completely broken; however, it
> is still big time brokenness in the system.

Yeah, I think Win32 should've dropped support for the old MSDOS device
names. Or at least only interpreted a filename as a device name only if
there's a trailing colon.

NTFS seems pretty cool, actually... when is NetBSD gonna get Unicode
filenames? :) While I do all my computing in English, I have friends and
relatives that like to use their native language for filenames.
http://www.azeotrope.org/~khym/langs.png is a screenshot of a US English
WinNT 4.0 Explorer window with filenames in 5 different languages,
including 3 non-Latin scripts and 2 double-byte ones.