Subject: Re: Embedded NetBSD? [was Re: CVS commit: basesrc]
To: NetBSD-current Discussion List <current-users@netbsd.org>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: current-users
Date: 10/27/2001 19:13:26
On Sat, 27 Oct 2001, Andrew Gillham wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 27, 2001 at 02:05:03PM +0200, Olaf Seibert wrote:
> > Can you make a full list of all ``some names like "aux"'' ?
>
> You're entitled to your opinion.  Anything can be taken to an extreme.

Well, for anyone who actually cares (which is probably nobody :), it
turns out that I can, in fact make a full list of all ``some names like
"aux"'':

     The following reserved words cannot be used as the name of a
     file: CON, PRN, AUX, CLOCK$, NUL, COM1, COM2, COM3, COM4,
     COM5, COM6, COM7, COM8, COM9, LPT1, LPT2, LPT3, LPT4, LPT5,
     LPT6, LPT7, LPT8, and LPT9. Also, reserved words followed by
     an extension--for example, NUL.tx7--are invalid file
     names.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/fileio/fsys_7qwj.asp